June 22, 2012

David and Meagan Tucker's wedding

My wonderful cousin David Tucker was getting married! We were all very excited! Also, his sister Kimberly was getting home from her mission that week. How very busy. It was in NC and I am not that far away, so I made plans to go. So glad I did, it was wonderful!
I got into NC on the 21 and drove up to the Tucker house. Katelynn was there to greet me and we got started catching up and having a great time. Aunt Dorothy, Aunt Laura, and Kimberly soon joined us and the party grew from there. David and Meagan arrived late that evening, and she is fantastic. I am glad she married my wondrful cousin. It was like good old times....only we are all grown up.

The wedding day dawned bright and sunny and I got to drive my Katelynn and Kimberly cousins to the temple where we joined more family (including my mom and brothers- Timmy and Ben) who had also driven out. The sealing was fantastic (of course) and the bride was beautiful and the groom was beeming.

Meagan and David Tucker

Cousins: Victoria, Katelynn, me and Kimberly

My baby brother is growing up!



Following the Sealing and pictures we had lunch at Carraba's then went back to Aunt Maria's house, and the rain started like crazy! It was a downpour. But we drove safe and had much fun hanging out and being goofy, as the reception was not till the following day.

Back at Aunt Maria's


Some of the Craziness


The following day dawned beautiful as well and we left the house pretty early to start decorations and preparations. It was a lovely old historic building and we had fun decorating and setting up.





The reception itself was a success and I think all of us family had the most fun being our normal crazy selves.



My mom (Nancy), Aunts: Dot, Melody, Dorothy, Laura

The kids loving bubbles

Bride and Groom caught kissing

The Tucker's had a cardboard life size cut out done for Christopher who is on his mission in CA. My very favorite part was when Kimberly read the Best Man Speach he had sent home. It included the sentence, "I don't know what is wrong with us Tucker's, but it is no small thing." That card board cut out was the life of the party, he got taken everywhere, from the food table, to the DJ, to the bathroom and the getaway car.
Kimberly giving the most histerical best man speach

Merideth and the "Best man"

Best man Christopher in the get away car



The Getaway car was done by us girls: Me, Kim, Katelynn, and Merideth. Much fun it was. Also, everyone had sent well wishes and advice that was on sticky notes that went all over the car. Classy and nice





Finally they left for their fun. The fairwell was lovely. (Though they did come back to change so some of us actually got a proper goodbye).
Bubble exit



Then all of us cleaned up then relaxed and ate left overs that evening.
The following day I went to church with the Tuckers and my family and heard Kimberly give her home coming talk, said goodbye and left for Charlotte to catch my plane back to Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment