We were so excited to hear Jon’s that best friend Sam was
finally tying the knot and settling down.
So excited that we wanted to both wanted to be there. Jon has known Sam
for 10 years since Sam started at the academy and his parents became his host
family. We prayed and crossed our fingers and the air force approved leave for
that weekend, and that weekend only. So
we got tickets and took off right after Jon and I got off work. We caught a
6:30 pm plane out of Pensacola and we arrived in Phoenix about midnight. Then
we drove down to Safford (where the Gila Valley Temple is) and crashed in our
hotel about 2:30 am. We were exhausted and slept for a while. Then we were up
and at the temple by 9:30 for the wedding. We enjoyed seeing Mom and Dad and
Kyle Rodgers. We also enjoyed seeing Sam’s family (who I met for the first
time) and meeting LaElle’s family.
It was a small sealing with just close friends and some
family. The first time I saw LaElle she looked ready to sprint like run-away
bride. But she did not and she said yes. Then she looked happy and relieved and glad to
have a great husband. I love going to others sealing’s and sharing with them
the simplicity, the wonder, and the joy of the simple but amazingly profound
day. Our wedding day, though cloudy and gloomy
was the best day ever because we were sealed and together forever from that
point forward. It was freezing and much
like our wedding day. So pictures were very short as we were in rain and wind.
We then adjourned to lunch at a small Mexican restaurant nearby. Then we all
traveled to Tucson where the reception would be held.
I think I got Jon to love Arizona, even if we were down in
the southern part and not in beloved Flagstaff. We loved the rocks and hills
and formations as we traveled to Tucson. We arrived early enough to be useful
in helping to set up for the reception. I got to help the bride get back into
her dress as well. Before the reception Sam and LaElle were joined by her, now
their, little boy. He was so funny. Especially with the cake, he so wanted to
try and eat it, and he got to have a piece at the cake cutting. Jon and I
enjoyed dancing at the reception. I even got to dance with Kyle. Finally it was time for them to leave and us
to head back to Phoenix. We went to Phoenix where my wonderful friend Alyce was
letting us stay at her place even though she was at work. We slept there until
3 am, then went to the airport to catch our 5am flight and traveled back to
Fort Walton Beach by 3pm. Lots of travel. But worth it!
 |
| LaElle with her Dad and Sam with Jon's Mom |
 |
| Her son getting some cake too |
 |
| A dance with Kyle |
 |
| Bride and Groom and the Newleyweds |
 |
| Jon and I at the reception |
 |
| Jon and Sam |
 |
| Jon and Kyle |
 |
| The Rodgers! |
No comments:
Post a Comment