May 27, 2012

Memorial Weekend Temple Trip

It has been too long since Jon and I got to go to the temple together.....since the beginning of January to be exact. I got to go with the Youth, and at Time out for Women.....but other than that not at all. So it was about time. When I got off work Friday evening Jon and I left for Birmingham, AL. It was a long drive, but we saw some entertaining things along the way (see pics below).


When we arrived in Birmingham we found Jimmy Johns! And got one for Friday night, and one for Saturday morning. Yummy in our tummies! Then we continued on the hotel and crashed for the night. Saturday morning we awoke bright and early to get ready for the temple. We even left the hotel on time. but we made a wrong turn somewhere and missed the 9am session. :( But that meant we got to help with initiatories. That was wonderful. Then we joined the very full session with 3 going through the temple for the first time with their friends and family as well as a bus load from the Pensacola stake. It was so wonderful to be back in the temple!



When we left the temple we headed to downtown Birmingham and went to Jim and Nick's BBQ. They have the best cheesy biscuits! I bought a mix so I can learn how to make it. Then we hit the road. It was a long but fun ride back with my best friend and lover next to me. We made it home before 9pm, and our dog was so glad to see us. :)

A castle in downtown Birmingham

No comments:

Post a Comment